A Lawyer

Who Cares When Your Life Changes


Do You Need Help Enforcing A Court Order?

Sometimes a person will go through the long, stressful process of obtaining a court order regarding a family problem, only to have the other party fail to follow that order. In cases such as these, the best recourse is to work with a Texas lawyer who understands how to get the court to enforce existing court orders.

At The Law Office of Amy R. Harris PLLC, we know how to do this. We have worked with numerous clients in the Conroe area to enforce court orders involving:

We understand how stressful it can be to seek enforcement as you go about your daily life, possibly without adequate resources to make ends meet. Our firm provides free initial consultations; you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by contacting us today.

What To Know About Enforcement In Texas

Enforcement is the process by which the state ensures compliance with a court order. As you have no doubt already experienced, it can be very difficult to force one party to obey a court order. The state of Texas has several methods of enforcement, such as:

  • Wage garnishment
  • Withholding of tax refunds
  • Asset seizure
  • Denial of a passport
  • Driver’s license suspension or revocation
  • Jail time

The first step is to petition the court for a motion to enforce a court order. Then, the court will schedule a hearing at which the other party must show up and explain their failure to comply with the order. A judge will then decide whether to impose enforcement actions. If the other party fails to attend the hearing, the judge will likely impose enforcement actions by default.

At The Law Office of Amy R. Harris PLLC, we can often get the other party to comply with an existing order through mediation. When necessary, though, we will not hesitate to go to court.

Get Help Enforcing A Court Order

We are ready to help you with the often-difficult process of enforcing a court order. To schedule a free consultation where you can talk to our lawyer, contact us today. Call 936-521-2002 or send us an email to reach us.